This wonderful period photograph shows the Maserati factory workforce circa 1930. A small bunch of enthusiasts and their mascot- Billy the dog!
At this time, the Maserati brothers still owned the company and Alfieri Maserati was still its guiding light. Behind those closed doors they would have been building the last of the Tipo 26 cars and also the mighty 16 cylinder V4.
The original factory was in Bologna and Maserati did not move to their current home until 1937, when they were bought by the Orsi family. Adolfo Orsi was a successful industrialist who built the Modena factory from where the company still operates.
The other period photographs in this sequence show how the Modena factory progressed over the years.