McGrath Maserati is the trading name of Bill McGrath Limited (BML). “We” or “us” means Bill McGrath Limited (BML) trading as McGrath Maserati, a limited company registered in the United Kingdom.
This policy (together with any other documents we refer to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by Bill McGrath Limited trading as McGrath Maserati. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
By contacting us, using our services, or visiting our websites www.mcgrathmaserati.co.uk / www.mcgrathitalian.co.uk, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy unless you inform us otherwise and we agree in writing to a variation of the Policy.
This policy applies to both service users and www.mcgrathmaserati.co.uk / www.mcgrathitalian.co.uk, web users except as otherwise stated for interpretation, the following words have the following meanings:
– Web Users – anyone visiting our website.
– Service Users – any recipient of our services.
– Services – any assistance we provide to you including but not limited to advice and information.
Full name of legal entity: Bill McGrath Limited trading as McGrath Maserati, registered in England and Wales under number 5059222.
VAT Registration No: 829 9805 72.
Registered office: Unit 8, Claggy Road, Kimpton, Hertfordshire, SG4 8QB, United Kingdom.
Email address: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telephone number: + 44 (0) 1438 832161 / + 44 (0) 1438 833695.
A list of the directors is available from the registered office.
Information we collect from you:
The data we collect about you:
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have detailed below:
– Identity Data includes title, first name and last name.
– Contact Data includes contact address, billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
– Vehicle Data includes model, make, registration number and chassis number.
– Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
– Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of vehicles, parts and other products and services you have purchased from us.
– Technical Data includes broad location data, unique visitor ID generated when you visit our websites, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, device, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our websites, referring website details, details of searches carried out by you on our websites.
– Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
– Marketing Data includes your preferences in receiving newsletters and general communication updates from us and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any special categories of personal data about you (for example details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, information about your health). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data:
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How we collect your personal data?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you through:
– Direct interactions – you may give us your Identity, Contact, Financial, Vehicle, Marketing and Communication Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
– apply for our products or services.
– subscribe to our newsletters.
– give us feedback.
– Automated technologies or interactions. When you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. Please also see “Cookies” below for further details.
– Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources.
– Technical Data from the following parties: analytics providers, search information providers, contact, financial and transaction data from providers of payment and delivery services.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently. In using this site you consent to cookies being used for this purpose. For more information on current changes in legislation please refer to this article.
How we use your information:
Generally, we will use your personal data as follows, and only when the law allows us to:
– Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
– Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
– Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
– We have detailed below the types of lawful basis that we will use to process your personal data.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending newsletter and generic information communications to you via email. You have the right to withdraw your consent to us sending newsletters or generic communications to you at any time by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link on the bottom of the email, or by contacting us at email@example.com.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data:
We may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data;
- To register you as a new customer we process identity data and contact information to enable us to enter into a contract with you
- To process and deliver your order, vehicle servicing and maintenance including management of payments, fees and charges, and to collect and recover money owed to us we require the following data;
The lawful basis for processing this data is ‘Performance of a contract with you’ and ‘Necessary for our legitimate interests’
- To administer our website (troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance and support) we process the following data;
The lawful basis for processing this information is ‘Necessary for our legitimate interests’ (provision of administration and IT services and network security) and ‘Necessary to comply with a legal obligation’
- To use data analytics to improve our website, products, services and customer experiences we process technical and usage data. The lawful basis for processing this data is ‘Necessary for our legitimate interests’ (to keep our website up to date and relevant)
Electronic Newsletters / Generic Communications.
McGrath Maserati newsletters and generic information emails are ‘opt-in’ only. If you would like to receive emails from us please contact firstname.lastname@example.org We will acknowledge your request via email with a link to enable you to select your communication preferences.
Third Party Marketing.
We will not share your personal data with any other companies, with the exception of Mailchimp, our Marketing Platform Provider.
You can ask us to stop sending you newsletters or generic information updates at any time by selecting the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us at email@example.com at any time. Note: if you opt out of receiving these updates, this will not apply to personal data provided as a result of a parts or service purchase.
Disclosure of your information.
We may share your personal data with the parties detailed below for the purposes set out in the table above:
– Auditors and quality assurance consultants for the purposes of ensuring we comply with legal and regulatory obligations
– Providers of insurance and warranty products
– Payment service providers
– Delivery service providers
– The providers of our website and Ebay shop
– IT network providers
– Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site, products and services
Transfer of Data outside the EEA.
We will not share your personal data with third parties, and as such your data will not be transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
If you have chosen to ‘Opt in’ to receive our newsletter and generic email communications, we may transfer your data to our preferred Marketing Platform Provider ‘Mailchimp’ who are based in the US. ‘Mailchimp’ have certified their agreement with the Privacy Shield Frameworks which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US.
Where we store your personal data.
Your personal data will be stored in line with our data retention policy, copies of which can be obtained on request in writing to The Data Controller, McGrath Maserati, Unit 8 Claggy Road, Kimpton, Herts SG4 8QB or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All hard copy information you provide to us is stored and disposed of securely.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to:
– Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
– Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
– Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. We may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
– Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
(a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy.
(b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it.
(c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims or,
(d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
– Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. This only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you
– Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent
– You can exercise your rights by telling us your preferences when we collect your data or by contacting us at any time
McGrath Maserati does not represent, warrant, endorse or hold responsibility over any external sites that may be linked to and from this site. Any external site that you visit by clicking through a link on this site is outside the control of McGrath Maserati and you visit entirely at your own risk.
The site may contain links to other sites which are outside our control and are not covered by this Policy. If you access other sites using the links provided, the operators of those sites may collect information from you which will be used by them in accordance with their privacy policies, which may differ from ours.
If you would like to link to our website please email your request to email@example.com We reserve the right to instruct you to remove any links at any time.
Acceptance of a classified advert (Cars for Sale) on our website does not imply endorsement of the car or product by Bill McGrath Limited.
We try to ensure that information on our website is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Without prejudice to your statutory rights, the site and all information, text, names, images, pictures, logos, links and icons and other materials (without limitation) are provided ‘AS IS’ and on an ‘IS AVAILABLE’ basis without representation warranty or endorsement, express or implied. In particular, we do not warrant or represent the accuracy or completeness of information provided on our sites nor do we guarantee that use of our sites will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that the sites and its servers are free of computer viruses or bugs.
In no event will BML be liable to any person for any damage or loss that may arise from the use of any information contained in our site or products displayed on our site, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the site.
All rights, including copyright in the website and its contents, are owned by Bill McGrath Limited (BML) and its licensors. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download or transmit any text, images, graphic, logo without prior written permission from BML.
You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes.